Sunday, August 2, 2015

Badges/Shields for software projects

These are kind of fun and sometimes useful, but here are some notes on using badges for a python / c++ project.  While badges seem a little silly in the beginning, they do convey key information in a very obvious way and add a splash of color to otherwise very dull README files.  I'm sure than for than a few is too many, but here are some examples that I played with this weekend.  I still need to push a new version of libais for some of these that go through pypi to work.  Right off, I found it weird that there were 3k downloads of libais a month.  That seemed really high.  But I think that may be coming from virtualenvs being built by SkyTruth and myself.

And it's fun to be able to just make whatever random thing I want...



No comments:

Post a Comment