Friday, March 19, 2010
- The OGC Atom+GeoRSS validation results are confusing. Feed Validator has a better presentation
- It loosk like the OGC version only supports GML
- How should the payload be encoded? This is the big question. See line 24, where we make hard to parse human readable text.
- I think the ID is wrong, but it still not clear to me how id's should be handled.
- How many data points should be in the feed? If we are collecting a point every 12 seconds, do we want to just have 120 seconds of data? Do we need a realtime feed an one that is decimated? And if decimated, what is the "best" algorithm? I hate systems where you can't find out the actual algorithm used (Ahem! You know who you are!)
- Does anything actually pay attention to the syndication flags? We definitely need to have these match the data window (see previous point)
- And lots of other issues that escape me right now...