Sunday, January 1, 2017

Blogging again

I am going to see if I can get back into blogging again. Can I pull off a post a day for January?  What do I even want to write about these days?  A lot of my work is non-public Google infrastructure work.  I can take about some of the open source work and maybe I can talk about some of the public data I am around. I need to start digging into JTS, Geotools, and Java in general. I want to get more into algorithms and data structures.  These last couple of years have been paying down massive technical Dept, which isn't sexy. And buffet overruns and hard to debug code is no fun. Lately I have been playing with Flume and writing and reviewing some fun modern C++. But... Being a parent tends to dominate free time. If Linc could choose, I would probably blog about trains, King Bob, and wheels.  Or the things we see in the Santa Cruz area like this Red shouldered hawk we say today.

And can I figure out how to get the blogger app to work well on Android?  Once I had added a picture, everything went south.  I finally ended up copying the text from the app and taking it over to my laptop to use a real keyboard and the blogger web interface.



No comments:

Post a Comment